NOTE: It is the Numpy-aipy for QPython, to use it, you need to install AIPY from http://www.aipy.org.
NumPy is the fundamental package needed for scientific computing with Python. This package contains:
- a powerful N-dimensional array object
- sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
- basic linear algebra functions
- basic Fourier transforms
- sophisticated random number capabilities
- tools for integrating Fortran code
- tools for integrating C/C++ code
Besides its obvious scientific uses, NumPy can also be used as an efficient multi-dimensional container of generic data. Arbitrary data types can be defined. This allows NumPy to seamlessly and speedily integrate with a wide variety of databases.
NumPy is a successor for two earlier scientific Python libraries: NumPy derives from the old Numeric code base and can be used as a replacement for Numeric. It also adds the features introduced by Numarray and can also be used to replace Numarray.